Estimated Arrival: Between Dec 14 and Dec 16.
Estimated Handling Time: Product Ships in 1-2 Business Days
Shipping Time: Please Allow 2-6 Business Days for Delivery
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Drolet HEAT COMMANDER Wood Furnace DF02003
Among the most efficient systems on the market based on distributed energy, the Heat Commander is a central heating system that is both cutting edge and accessible thanks to its innovative design and ease of use. EPA certified, its 310,000 BTU capacity makes this furnace versatile and ideal for heating spaces up to 2,500 ft². The Heat Commander’s overall thermal power is notably much higher than most comparable systems.
Result of our victory in an international innovation competition, the Heat Commander is the very first wood furnace on the market to offer Dual Fire© technology with a two-stage electronic combustion control. Find peace of mind with a self-regulated combustion that allows easy ignition. Its automated air supply and flame adjustment systems synchronize with your thermostat to offer additional safety, optimize comfort and reduce emissions with minimal maintenance.
- Hot air plenum,
- Combustion-state indicator light,
- Automated combustion control,
- Ash lip,
- Ash drawer,
- Poker and scraper
- Intuitive start mode for fast and clean ignition
- Optimized combustion for low creosote formation
- Uninterrupted heat with on-demand boost based on thermostatic demand
- Among the lowest burn rates on the market (firewood savings)
- Up to 10 hours burn time
- 3.6 ft³ firebox
- 21" logs (loading over depth and width)
- EPA certified
- Proudly made in Canada
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Air filters help filter dirt before distributing hot air in your installation in addition to protecting the blower. The use of filters is strongly recommended.
- The fresh air return adapter can be added to the blower box to increase the efficiency of your system. This option allows you to take fresh air from the rooms and bring it to the furnace to be heated and redistributed in these same rooms. It allows more even air circulation to increase comfort.
Any installation must be done according to the data and drawings detailed in the owner’s manual.
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
Recommended heating area
|1,000 - 2,500 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||3.6 ft³|
Maximum burn time
Maximum input capacity (dry cordwood)
|Nominal heat output at 15lb/ft³ fuel loading density||75,000 BTU|
Minimum overall heat output rate
|19,354 BTU/h (5.6 kW)|
Maximum overall heat output rate
|47,052 BTU/h (13.8 kW)|
Minimum average overall efficiency (HHV)
Maximum average overall efficiency (LHV)
Minimum delivered heat output rate
|13,297 BTU/h (3.9 kW)|
Maximum delivered heat output rate
|42,234 BTU/h (12.4 kW)|
Minimum average delivered efficiency (HHV)
Maximum average delivered efficiency (LHV)
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency||81 %|
Average particulate emission rate
|0.095 lb/mmBTU (0.041 g/MJ)|
|8.78 lb/mmBTU (3.78 g/MJ)|
Average electrical power consumption
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Certified according to applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||Included|
|Blower (hp | speed | CFM)||1/3 | 1 | 1,135|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Recommended chimney diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Overall dimension (Width)||27 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||63 1/2" min.|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||51 1/8"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to floor||37 1/8"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to side unit||13 7/8"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||13 3/4"|
|Door opening size (Height)||10"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||12 3/8 x 10 1/8"|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Firebox size (Width)||18 3/4"|
|Firebox size (Height)||16 1/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||22 1/2"|
|Maximum log length||21"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width and over depth|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Filter - Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth)||15" x 20" x 1" (option)|
|Hot air plenum - Minimum height of the furnace with plenum||63 1/2" min. for 69" ceiling | 73 1/4" to 88" for a ceiling of 78 1/4" to 93" and more|
|Hot air plenum - Height (minimum - maximum)||22 3/8" x 26 7/8"|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||CAN/CSA B366.1|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 391|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Shipping weight||758 lb (344 kg)|
|Clearances to combustibles*||United-States|
|Clearance - Side wall||11"|
|Clearance - Base of the unit to ceiling**||69" min.|
|Clearance - Floor protection in front of the unit (from door opening)||16"|
|Clearance - Plenum | Ducts to the ceiling||5" du plénum | 1" des conduits|
|Clearance - Back wall of the blower box||14 1/4"|
|Clearance - Opposite side wall||24"|
|Clearance - Recommended distance for maintenance on option side||30"|
*The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
- 1. Input value at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density and dry energy value of 8,600 BTU/lb.
- 2. Unless stated otherwise, measures were taken directly at the main power source and include all electrical components present in the appliance.
- 3. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- 4. Based on delivered heat output.
- 5. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- 6. Delivered: Remotely provided to other rooms through ducting at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density over one total burn cycle.
- 7. Overall : Radiated and delivered heat together at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density over one total burn cycle.
- 8. Efficiency based on delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand. LHV % is based on manufacturer’s estimation.
- 9. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- 10. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- 11. Efficiency based on radiated and delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand.
- 12. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft, heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heating area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature considering that the space configuration and the presence of heat distribution systems have a significant impact in making heat circulation optimum.
- 13. Carbon Monoxyde. Based on overall heat output at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density.
*SEPARATE SALES TAX INVOICE MAY APPLY AFTER YOUR ORDER DEPENDING ON WHAT STATE YOU ARE SHIPPING TO
With the expansion of its operations, F.-X. Drolet acquired a lot in 1907 on which he built a 90,000 square foot metallurgical plant. The building has two parts: the mechanical workshop on one side, and the foundry and forge on the other. Much better located, this new plant is fully equipped with modern machinery. Shortly after moving, the sons of F.-X. Drolet join the company.
In 1988, Drolet was a pioneer in the development of low emission products. The HT-2000 is the first EPA / CSA certified appliance and has literally become a legend in the wood burning world! Over the next few years, a whole series of "HT" products were developed and met with huge success.
Over the years, environmental standards are tightened more and more to reduce the emissions of fine particles caused by the combustion of wood-burning appliances. Just as innovative as in its beginnings, Drolet is ahead of this wave of change and successfully re-certifies its appliances long before the deadline. It was these changes in standards that led to the creation of the HT-3000, which succeeded the legendary HT-2000.
As soon as your order is placed, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This confirms your order has been received in our system and your credit card is authorized for purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we begin processing to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you via e-mail to confirm if you'd like to keep your order or cancel for a full refund. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Please reference your product page specific lead times. After shipment, items will arrive in 2-7 business days.
Some models are custom made, and can take as long as 4-5 weeks to ship depending on the model and series. Please contact customer service before ordering if delivery time is a concern of yours.
Certain items due to high demand and low supply can only be placed on back order at specific times. Please contact customer service to hear about any items availability.
Please contact us for rush shipping rates and options. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within four business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Large items that ship via freight (not UPS or Fedex) require a signature upon delivery. You will receive a call from the shipping company to arrange a time and day for delivery that works for you.
PRODUCT QUALITY GUARANTEE
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should REFUSE the package, and make note of it on the delivery receipt. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please contact us immediately and send photos to email@example.com . We will process an insurance claim on your behalf and happily work with you to resolve the issue and refund or replace your order.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Generally, most of the items we carry can be returned within 30 days of receipt in new condition and unopened.
Returned products must be sent back with their original packaging and have all of the parts and components that they came with. Please contact the manufacturer for any warranty issues.
Please document (photograph) any damages upon receiving the item and report these damages to the delivery carrier if product was sent by LTL or freight (not by UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc).
Some items may be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Customer is responsible for return shipping and original shipping cost, even if the item was "free shipping". Any damages to products may void the return.
Returns must be accompanied with an RMA number. Please contact us in order to have one generated.
Should you have any questions about a particular product’s return policy we’re here to help. Please contact us and we will respond within 24 hours.
As stated in the Product Quality Guarantee, any item that arrives in less than perfect condition or missing parts will be handled at no extra cost. Refunds will be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
It is the customers' responsibility to confirm the product will comply with their state, county or city codes. If you will be receiving an inspection by a county or city inspector, please ask them what they require.